Are you an experienced Machine Operator with an eye for detail? This is your opportunity to become part of an innovative, high-tech manufacturing company in the Mid – Hudson Valley.
Schatz Bearing Corporation (Poughkeepsie, NY) manufactures specialty ball bearings used in the aerospace, medical and aviation industries. We are a rapidly growing company seeking a full-time Sr. Machine Operator, who can set up, program & run multiple, state of the art CNC machining centers and help improve the productivity & efficiency of our organization . If you are a skilled CNC Operator with 2+ years’ experience working for a manufacturing business, with strong basic math skills and a proven history of working with gauges and calipers, we encourage you to submit an application for this position.
This is an excellent position for experienced individuals who are eager to grow with our company.
After successful completion of 90 day introduction period, benefits include 10 paid holidays, paid sick days, medical, dental, life insurance, employer 401K match, paid vacation time, and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate the requirements of detailed part drawings into measurements for production
- Grinds internal and external surfaces of metal work pieces to specifications by performing the following duties.
- Perform work quality checks, organize production, & perform required preventive maintenance on the CNC machines
- Make minor machine adjustments in order to maintain product specification.
- Ability to use and understand conventional gages.
- Verifies dimensions of finished work piece for conformance to specifications.
- Changes worn grinding wheel.
- Places work piece in hopper or fixture of automatic feeding device.
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; oils and/or cutting fluids; extreme heat and vibration.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock; oily or slippery surfaces.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must keep work area clean and free from debris/tripping hazards and oily area causing unsafe footing.
- Must wear appropriate PIP for your work area.
To apply for this position please click here
Schatz Bearing Corporation does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.