Looking for a reliable, skilled individual to lead our maintenance team who possesses strong mechanical aptitude.
This is your opportunity to become part of an innovative, high-tech manufacturing company in the Mid – Hudson Valley!
Schatz Bearing Corporation (Poughkeepsie, NY) manufactures specialty ball bearings used in the aerospace, medical and aviation industries. We are a rapidly growing company seeking a full-time Industrial Electrician who can service and maintain, state of the art machining centers and help improve the productivity & efficiency of our organization . If you are a skilled Industrial Electrician with 4+ years’ experience in a manufacturing setting,we encourage you to submit an application for this position.
This is an excellent position for experienced individuals who are eager to grow with our company.
After successful completion of 90 day introduction period, benefits include 10 paid holidays, paid sick days, medical, dental, life insurance, employer 401K match, paid vacation time, and more.
- Knowledgeable in troubleshooting & repair of PLC & computer controlled production equipment; Performs work requiring knowledge of electrical/electronic principles, wiring specification and electrical codes.
- Performs preventative maintenance on assigned electrical systems
- Identifies inefficiencies and potential electrical problems and coordinates through staff and supervisor to resolve
- Diagnoses causes of malfunctions and corrects through programmable logic controls. Ensures efficient equipment operation through proper line control programming and proactively suggests methods to improve line performance.
- Must display competent ability to wire, assemble, and layout electrical/electronic systems in an extremely neat and professional manner
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Knows, understands and follows OSHA and Safety Regulations
- Communicates pertinent information to next shift
- Supervises staff and distributes work assignments
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; oils and/or cutting fluids; extreme heat and vibration.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock; oily or slippery surfaces.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must keep work area clean and free from debris/tripping hazards and oily area causing unsafe footing.
- Must wear appropriate PIP for your work area.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
4+ years as an electrician, journeyman card preferred.