We are seeking creative and innovative individuals to join our growing team! Our products are Flexible, Versatile and Responsive- We value those same traits in our employees!
This is your opportunity to become part of an innovative, high-tech manufacturing company in the Mid – Hudson Valley.
Schatz Bearing Corporation (Poughkeepsie, NY) manufactures specialty ball bearings used in the aerospace, medical and aviation industries. We are a rapidly growing company seeking a full-time Mechanical Design Engineer.
We are looking for a highly motivated recent graduate of Mechanical Engineering to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to design and develop ball bearing products. You will assist the engineering team by providing ideas for products and manufacturing concepts that can lead to further growth.
This is an excellent position for someone who is eager to learn and grow with our company.
Full-time position Monday Through Friday
After successful completion of 90 day introduction period, benefits include 10 paid holidays, medical, dental, life insurance, 401K, 2 weeks of vacation after 1 year, and more.
- Design of new required products and assemblies.
- Perform engineering assignments in a timely manner.
- Work autonomously or act as an effective team member, exhibiting good inter-personal skills.
- Prepare technical work task/scopes.
- Develop understanding DFM (Design for Manufacturing), DFA (Design for Assembly) and DTC (Design to Cost) concepts and their appropriate application.
- Learn and apply engineering software tools and systems.
- Acquire product knowledge and follow existing production and new product production activities.
- Analytical evaluation of design.
- Specification preparation – technical process, materials.
- Provide all required engineering drawings.
- Author/provide input to test specifications.
- Participate in peer and technical reviews.
- Select and evaluate required vendors.
- Provide cost estimates, schedule and proposal preparation.
- Develop purchase order requirements.
- Knowledge of ISO/AS9100 Quality Management System.
- Formal training or advanced knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Internship/work experience in mechanical design.
- Fundamental knowledge of CAD tools, FEA methods, 3D modeling software.
- Understanding of geometric tolerancing and dimensioning.
- Manufacturing experience in an industrial environment.
- Knowledge of machining and grinding.
- Solid modeling of CAD systems (Solid Works and Auto Cad).
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access and other Microsoft products.
To apply for this position please click here